Welcome to Coaches Corner! On this page you will find valuable information such as
- Links to training opportunities
- Physical Forms
Application, W-4 forms & I-9 forms are forms coaches must fill out in order to get paid. They go to the business office. If you are a returning coach, then you do not need to do it again, unless you have a change in your tax status.
Fingerprinting: The Archdiocese requires that the coach has viewed the Child Protection video, taken the short test and been fingerprinted. Then I get a form from the Archdiocese approving the coach to work with young people. You will need a form that indicates you are being fingerprinted for Chaminade Julienne, they will bill the school for $30 or $58 and you will be required to reimburse the school. You can get fingerprinted at St. Albert the Great school (104 W. Dorothy Lane near Far Hills) in the Religious Education office (Room 16 of the school)
- Monday & Wednesday Evening from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday from 10:00 am – Noon & 1:00 – 3:00 pm
CPR is the class Lori teaches through the American Heart Association (good for 2 years) or Red Cross Class (good for one year). Lori usually offers the class in late July and in November, there is no spring class. You can also check cjeagles.org/Athletics/Coaches Corner for upcoming classes (Reimbursed).
- Taking the Sports Medicine 2-hour class (see Kat or Coaches Corner for list of upcoming classes) Cost is $20. (Reimbursed)
- or taking it on-line at www.nfhslearn.com“First Aid for Coaches” Click on “Core Courses”. Cost is $45. (Reimbursed)
- Fingerprinting: For new permits must be within one year of the application date.
- The state now requires the superintendent to sign the application before it is sent to the state, so the archdiocese is requiring copies of your current CPR card, certificate of completion of Sports Med Class or First Aid for Coaches and certificate of completion of the Fundamental of Coaching along with the application and $45 check before they sign off on the application. Bring all your copies to the athletic office, as we have to send an accompanying letter that details your activities at CJ. DO NOT MAIL DIRECTLY TO THE STATE. The Archdiocese then mails everything to the state, and your Pupil Advisory Permit is sent to you or the school depending on what you indicated on the application.