NEWS: Season Wrap-up
Posted Feb. 20
Thanks so much for a great season this year. Many swimmers gained PR’s this season, not to mention this past weekend at the district meet. Below are the results
- Francesca Weizman: 14th
- Quinn Corrado: 10th
- John Hawthorn: 500 free – 24th
- Chris McCoy: 100 breast – 22nd – PR
- 200 Medley Relay: Gary Labianco, Chris McCoy, Aarik Fretz, John Hawthorn – 17th Place – a few PR’s
- 400 Free Relay: Gary Labianco, Aarik Fretz, Matthew Richard, Ian Moorefield – 21st place – All four PR’d
- Erin Staley: 200 free – 17th place
Kaitlin Kearns: 200 free – 20th place
- 500 free: 12th place – PR
Claire Meyers: 100 fly – 16th place – PR
- 100 breast – 16th place – PR
- 200 Medley Relay: Taylor Zidaroff, Claire Meyers, Natalie Murray, Abby Stayer – 17th place
- 200 Free Relay: Erin Staley, Georgia Albino, Linan McSherry, Abby Stayer – 15th place – All four PR'd
- 400 Free Relay: Emily Stayer, Caitlin O’Loughlin, Maria Chabali, Katy Harrington – 22nd place – PR’s for Emily, Maria and Katy
Great job Eagles! The winter sports banquet is Sunday, March 24. Please mark your calendars and plan on attending. We will ask you to provide a side via potluck and we will provide the main dish. Swimmers will meet in the cafeteria at 5:15 p.m. for dinner and an all school banquet starting at 7 p.m. We look forward to seeing you all there.
WHIO-TV Features CJ Swimmers
Watch Channel 7's "Making a Difference" story featuring the CJ swim team. View video >
Young Team Competes With Heart
In her first year coaching at Chaminade Julienne, Coach Kate Corrado-Whistler said she enjoys being around the swimmers, and she is impressed with their resilience and how they cope with many of the struggles an involved high school student-athlete faces.
Despite a very young group of swimmers and holding practices in a very small pool, Coach Whistler said she has been thrilled to see the team show 100% progression since the start of the season. The team has set a goal to go to the District Meet—they are spending the remainder of their season preparing to fight hard at Sectionals in order to make their dream a reality.
2011-2012 Swim Team Handbook (.doc)