THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!
Pictures from the event can be found here or by clicking the picture below.
2017 race results can be found here.
August 12, 2017 | 6:30 p.m. | CJ - Roger Glass Stadium
This free event at CJ begins at 6:00 p.m with registration. The 1-mile walk will begin at 6:30 p.m. and the 2-mile run will begin after the walk is complete.
Runners of all ages are invited to participate in one of two races: 1-mile elementary student run/1-mile walk or 2-mile adult run. Sponsorships are available to benefit the Lucas Pfander Memorial Scholarship.
For more information, contact the development and alumni office at (937) 461-3740 x232.
There is no entry fee, though donations will be accepted to benefit the Lucas Pfander Scholarship. The race course will include Roger Glass Stadium - Home of the CJ Eagles.
For those who can't be at the actual race at CJ, there is an opportunity to still support the cause.
- Download the racing bib (one for you and one extra for a friend).
- Pin it on.
- Run or walk in memory of Lucas on August 12, 2017. Time or distance does not matter!
- Take a picture of you and your friends with your bibs and send it to Ann Szabo, Alumni Relations Coordinator (email) or post it on the CJ alumni Facebook page.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2016 race.
The Lucas Pfander Scholarship is awarded to a rising CJ senior who exemplifies the traits of Lucas Pfander, who passed away on July 11, 2008--a month prior to the start of his senior year. While at CJ, Lucas was an honor student who had completed 150 hours of community service, had perfect attendance, and participated in a sport every season. Recipients of the scholarship are:
- Sara Hartley ‘18 and Patrick Boudinot ‘18
- Abby Arestides '17 and Duncan Burke '17
- Matthew Weckesser '16
- Helen Wittman '15
- Kyle Shoup '14
- Sam Wittman '13
- Anna Roland '12
- Joseph Hangana '11
- Rebecca Anthony '10