All students are expected to abide by the Guidelines for School-Sponsored Activities, as addressed in the Student Handbook and detailed below, when attending a CJ dance. Questions about the CJ school-sponsored dance guidelines should be directed to Greg Mueller, administrator, who may be reached at (937) 461-3740 x226 or at email@example.com
While music and dance styles have certainly changed over the past years, students should be reminded that school sponsored dances are not clubs or private parties. While the school does not want to restrict the fun that students have while at school-sponsored dances, students must be reminded that dancing, which the Administration of CJ considers lewd or overtly sexual in nature, will not be tolerated. Students dancing in a manner deemed lewd or inappropriate will be removed from the dance floor for the first offense and will be removed from the dance altogether on the second offense. Front to back contact (grinding) is an example of inappropriate dancing and will not be tolerated. Continued inappropriate dancing/behavior at dances could affect attendance in future CJ dances. CJ students are responsible for their outside guests’ behavior.
RULES FOR HOMECOMING, CHRISTMAS DANCE AND PROM
- Students must be in attendance at school at least 3 ½ hours on the day prior to the dance.
- Everyone must be at the dance by 9:00pm. No one will be admitted after 9pm.
- A student may only use the ticket he or she was assigned for admission to the dance.
- Only those students whose names are on the list will be allowed into the dance. An ID may be required for entrance.
- Tickets must be purchased during the designated purchase time – no tickets will be available after the purchase time or at the door.
- Anyone who has been asked to leave CJ for discipline reasons are not allowed to attend any CJ dance.
- No middle school students may attend as dates.
- Freshmen are not allowed to attend Homecoming or Prom.
- If students do not meet the dance dress code requirements they will not be permitted to enter the dance.
- No same-sex couples. Any couple must include at least one CJ student.
- For Prom, a couple must include at least one junior or senior CJ student.
- Students leaving the dance may not re-enter.
- For all dances it is the student and parent’s responsibility to know when the event ends. Parents or guardians are required to pick their child up within 15 minutes of the ending time. If students are not picked up in a timely manner they may not be allowed to attend future dances.
RULES FOR SOC-HOPS AND MIXERS
- Only CJ students may attend.
- Attendance at school at least 3 ½ hours on the day prior to the dance or on the day of the dance if it falls on a weekday.
- Anyone who has been asked to leave CJ for discipline reasons is not allowed to attend any CJ dance.
- No one will be allowed to enter the dance more than 1 hr after its starting time.
- Students leaving the dance may not re-enter.
- For all soc-hops and mixers it is the student and parent’s responsibility to know when the event ends. Parents or guardians are required to pick their child up within 15 minutes of the ending time. If students are not picked up in a timely manner they may not be allowed to attend future dances.
Dance Dress Code
DRESS CODE FOR HOMECOMING, CHRISTMAS DANCE AND PROM
- Men must wear a shirt with a collar and a tie and dress pants and dress shoes (no gym shoes). Banded neck shirts are permitted. For Prom- men must wear a sports coat, a suit, or a tuxedo.
- Women must wear a dress or pantsuit. Dresses must be at the knee or longer. Dress shoes are required. No bare midriffs and no tube tops.
- No hats.
DRESS CODE FOR SENIOR DINNER DANCE
- Men must wear a shirt with a collar and a tie. Dress shoes, dress pants or khakis only.
- Not permitted: hats, denim, gym shoes, flip flops, or sweats.
- Women may wear dresses, skirts, sundresses, or dress pants.
- Skirts and dresses must be at knee length or longer.
Prom will be held from 8 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, 2018 (freshmen are not permitted) at the Dayton Kroc Center (directions).
All Prom and School Dance Guidelines apply, including the Guest Policy. Attendees must be at Prom by 9 p.m. and dressed appropriately in line with CJ's Dance Dress Code guidelines. If you have questions, please email teacher Angela Ruffolo.
- ALL School Dance Guidelines apply
- Each couple MUST have either a CJ junior or a CJ senior in it – no same-sex couples.
- Freshmen may NOT attend prom.
- You must be at the prom by 9 p.m. or you will not be admitted to the dance.
- You must be at school at least 3-½ hours on Friday to attend the prom on Saturday
- You may only use the ticket you have been assigned for admission to the dance. If your name or your date’s name is not on the list, you will not be admitted. IDs may be required for non-CJ students.
- Any CJ student wishing to attend with a guest who is not enrolled at CJ must complete and submit a Dance Guest Request form before he/she will be permitted to purchase tickets.
DRESS CODE GUIDELINES
- NO ONE will be allowed in to prom if you are dressed innappropriately
- Dresses MUST be at least KNEE LENGTH.
- No bare midriffs (no part of the stomach can be showing).
- Dresses CANNOT be too low cut in the front.
- Dresses CANNOT be too low cut in the back.
- Dresses with slits CANNOT be slit more than four inches above the knee.
- No gym shoes or flip-flops. ALL SHOES for gentlemen and ladies MUST be dress shoes.
- Gentlemen must be in a collared shirt with a tie, dress pants and sports coat, OR a suit, OR a Tuxedo, and dress shoes
- Ladies dresses MUST be at least KNEE LENGTH or LONGER.
APPLIES FOR HOMECOMING, CHRISTMAS DANCE AND PROM
Any Chaminade Julienne student wishing to attend these three school-sponsored dances (Homecoming, Christmas Dance and Prom) with a guest who is not enrolled at CJ must complete and submit a Dance Guest Request form before he/she will be permitted to purchase tickets. Guests may not be in middle school and may not be over the age of 20. All guests must bring a photo ID for admittance into the dance.
View / download a Dance Guest Request form here, or hard copies of the form are available in the Office of Student Services.
CJ students are responsible, and can be dismissed from a dance, for their outside guests’ behavior. All dance attendees must adhere to the rules and dress code listed in the Student Handbook regardless of their affiliation with CJ.
Completed forms must be returned to Greg Mueller, administrator, for prior approval. If you are considering bringing a date from another school, please plan in advance of each school-sponsored dance:
- Homecoming – Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017
- Christmas Dance – Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017
- Prom – Saturday, April 14, 2018
Dance Guest Request forms are available online, and may also be picked up in the office of students services.