The mission of the Chaminade Julienne Language Club is to promote cultural awareness and acceptance as reflected in the philosophy of Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School and the Charisms of St. Julie Billiart and Blessed Father Joseph Chaminade. Through academic, social and service activities, club members have the opportunity to develop tolerance, understanding and acceptance of all peoples and each other. The students are able to share in the rich multicultural diversity within the Chaminade Julienne community at large. As both a service and social group, Language Club members learn the value and importance of serving others and become more aware of other cultures around the world. One of our primary service sites is the Hispanic Catholic Ministry.
Mrs. Linda Colas 461.3740 x411 | email
Club Meeting Time
Wednesdays from 3:00 to 3:30/4:00 (depending on the agenda)
Club meeting Location
- eating out at various culturally and ethnically diverse restaurants about once a month (or every other month as the schedule permits)
- planning and executing Christmas projects for the HCM and cooperate with other clubs/groups with other Christmas projects.
- sponsoring the Annual Language Club Bake Sale in conjunction with the Language Department (requirement for Language Week project) to help with funding these projects.
- making and donating piñatas to the HCM and the occasional nursing home and/or grade school.
- supplying gift cards and support two or more families through the Hispanic Catholic Ministry at Christmas.
- singing Christmas carols in foreign languages in nursing homes.
working on Language week activities that promote interest and understanding of different cultures and improve language skills. Language week activities include:
- coordinating prayers in different languages each morning,
- t-shirt design contest and sale (theme based),
- creating cultural trivia contests and activities within the language classes and school, and
- providing a daily trivia question.