JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Students are invited to join aspiring writers from across the region in a celebration of creative writing! This year's prompt: "What if?"
Poetry — (10-50 lines; 1-5 poems)
Flash Fiction — (1-400 words)
Short Story — (401-800)
Nonfiction Essay — (1-800 words - memoir, humor, persuasion, or critical)
- Each teacher may send up to 10 entries.
- All entries must be typed and double spaced.
- Names of writers must not be on the entry itself.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form.
- The entry should be stapled to itself and then paperclipped to its entry form.
- Entries will be judged blind — judges will not see writers’ names.
- Entries will be read at least twice, and given a rating of good, excellent, or superior.
- There will be a first, second, and third place winner as well as three honorable mentions in each category.
- Teachers will be notified of winners, and asked to notify writers and families.
DEADLINE: Postmark by Feb. 28, 2020
Mail entries to: Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School
c/o Katlyn DeLong
505 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402
Contact Katlyn DeLong at firstname.lastname@example.org.