Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School held its commencement ceremony Monday, May 24 at the Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center. Graduating first in his class is Michael Manovich. Barrett K. Robinson, MD, MPH, a Clinical Fellow in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and a 1995 graduate of Chaminade Julienne, delivered the commencement address, "Identity," to the 209-member class.
Achievements of the Class of 2010 include:
- $11,203,540 in scholarships awarded to 118 graduates
- 97% will advance to post-secondary learning
- 3 members are entering the armed services
- 11 athletes signed to play sports for a college or university
- 8 graduates were recognized for their accomplishments in the National Merit Scholarship and the National Achievement Scholarship Programs.
- Commended: Lauren Clark, Michelle Martinek, Matthew Menker and Sarah Shanks
- National Merit Finalists: Becky Anthony, Brianna Leddy, Mike Manovich, and Janine Steffan
- 29 served as Kairos leaders
- 67 graduates are members of the National Honor Society
- 54 graduates are Presidential Academic Award Recipients
- 47 graduates are Ohio Award of Merit Recipients
- 6 graduates are Presidential Achievement Award Recipients
This senior class, in conjunction with the student body of Chaminade Julienne, contributed over 9,550 services hours this year above the number of hours required by the school. Based on the Independent Sector’s value of a service hour ($20.85), CJ’s contribution to the local, national and international communities amounts to $199,154. As a class, the seniors contributed over 10,600 service hours during their four years at CJ with 35 students contributing over 100 hours each.
This year's graduates will be attending 62 colleges and universities, with a majority of the graduates will attend colleges and universities in Ohio including the University of Dayton, Ohio State University, Sinclair Community College and Wright State University. Graduates will also be attending post-secondary institutions across the country including Carnegie Mellon, University of Connecticut, Georgetown University, University of Notre Dame, and University of Pittsburgh.
Baccalaureate Mass was held Thursday, May 20 at Emmanuel Church in Dayton.