The winter months have brought exciting opportunities and performances for CJ performing art students.
- Vega has been selected to have a track on the Best of High School A Cappella (BOHSA) compilation CD. The group's recording of Oasis by Great Big World is now available for download on iTunes.
- Percussionist Sam Ruff '17 recently earned early acceptance and a scholarship to the Berklee College of Music.
- In December, several students participated in holiday concerts outside of CJ. John Muhl '20 participated in Tuba Christmas while Will Marshall '19 and Nicholas Simpson '20 were participants in the Wright State University Saxophone Festival.
- On January 20 and 21, the five students pictured above, Libby Blackshire '20, Andrew Hartley '17, Christian Hemsath '17, Marshall and Holly Siefert '18 will participate in the Northern Kentucky Tri State Honor Band Symposium.
The CJ community can support performing arts students at the upcoming following events:
- Band and choir students are preparing solos and ensembles for the OMEA Solo and Ensemble Adjudicated Event which will take place January 28 at Stebbins High School.
- A CJ A Cappella Concert featuring Vega, Phoenix and the youth a cappella group, Genesis, will take place on Thursday, February 2 at 7 p.m. in the CJ. The concert will be a warm-up for Vega and Phoenix as they prepare to compete in the International Championship High School A Cappella Quarterfinal being held at CJ on Saturday, February 4.
- The CJ Performing Arts Winter Recital will take place Sunday, February 12 at 2:00 p.m. Instrumental and vocal solos and ensembles will be performed by the band and choir students.
Posted January 17, 2017