In case you didn't have a chance to meet our newest faculty and staff members at Meet the Teacher Night on Aug. 27, here’s a guide to help you get to know more about those joining the flock of Eagle educators for the 2013-14 school year.
Annette Alex, Classroom Technology Coach
- Annette joins the staff as the school’s on-site representative for VARtek, CJ’s provider of technology management systems. She will work with teachers and students to ensure the successful integration of technology in the classroom. Annette brings 10 years of teaching experience and holds both master’s and bachelor’s degrees.
Daniel Eiser, English teacher
- Daniel recently graduated from the University of Dayton and is originally from Cincinnati where he attended La Salle High School. He will teach five sections of English as part of his commitment to Lalanne, UD’s post-graduate teacher service program. Second year science teacher Jessie Hanley is also a Lalanne enrollee.
Cathryn Farwick, science teacher
- Cathryn joins CJ from Cincinnati’s Dohn Community High School. She is a 2010 graduate of Thomas Moore College and will teach in the new CJ STEMM Center in place of Lynzee Johnson, who returned to her alma mater Bellbrook High School to teach and coach.
Rhonda Fox, Intervention Specialist (reading endorsement)
- Rhonda, a National Board Certified teacher, holds two master’s degrees and has taught for the last 10 years in Sidney. She teaches three courses in the Cuvilly Department and is also "team teaching" freshman English students.
Matthew Fuhs, science teacher
- Matt joins CJ from West Creek High School in Nashville, Tenn. He is a 2010 graduate of Indiana University and will be teaching Chemistry and Honors Physics courses in the new CJ STEMM Center. Matt takes over for long-term substitute Eric Stoiber, who began his aspirancy with the Marianists in August at the Casa Maria Community in San Antonio.
Alan Rozanski, math teacher
- A recent University of Dayton graduate and native of Northville, Mich., Alan joins the math department in place of long-time CJ faculty member Laura Eloe, who departed after 29 years of service to pursue a doctorate of theology from UD.
Emily Saunders, administrative assistant (Guidance office)
- Emily joins the Guidance team from Holy Angels Elementary School in Dayton. The CJ parent takes the place of another CJ parent, Kelly Muhl, who accepted a position with the Dayton Bar Association.
Beau Slater, Alumni Relations Coordinator
- Beau is a Beavercreek High School alumnus and 2013 graduate of Bowling Green State University. He joined the Alumni office in June to take the place of Caitlin Cronin Bennett, who remains on staff as a part-time Events Coordinator in the Development office (a newly created position). Caitlin will also teach drama part-time in the Performing Arts department.
Steve Wendel, Project Lead the Way instructor
- Steve Wendel is a professor of mechanical engineering technology and the director of the National Center for Manufacturing Education at Sinclair Community College. He joins the faculty part-time to deliver the school’s nationally certified Project Lead the Way (PLTW) engineering curriculum in the CJ STEMM Center. Wendel holds a bachelor’s and master’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Dayton and doubles as the director of PLTW Ohio affiliate at Sinclair.