The new year has brought sweet sounds to the Performing Arts Department.
Last month, Libby Blackshire ‘20 and Nick Simpson ‘20 were selected to participate in the NKU Tri-State Honor Band Symposium. Additionally, Anna Mussin Phillips ‘21 participated in the Ohio State University High School Honor Band Weekend in addition to being selected to participate in the OMEA All State Band performance in Cincinnati.
Earlier this month, 45 band and choir students performed in the annual OMEA adjudicated competition with most performances receiving ratings of I or II (the two highest ratings).
During the rest of February, the Performing Arts Department and students have a lot to look forward to including:
- The Concert Choir performing the National Anthem at the University of Dayton women’s basketball game on February 15.
- Vega preparing for their performance at the ICHSA Quarterfinal Competition on Saturday, February 15.
- Phoenix competing at the ICHSA Quarterfinal Competition on Friday, February 21.
- Blackshire performing the weekend of February 20-22 after being selected for the Wright State University High School Honor Band.
- The Advanced Acting and Directing class performing a play for elementary students from Holy Angels and Our Lady of the Rosary on Thursday, February 27. The play was written and created by the high school students and focused on how it’s important to just be yourself.
And in March, the department will present Little Women, taking the stage March 6 and 7.
Posted February 13, 2020