A month and a half into the working phase of the Student Conditioning Center, the design is now complete and the construction is well underway. The west wall of the building was demolished and reframed with structural steel as the new entrance to the complex, and the roof was replaced after adding insulation. Other construction mileposts reached are:
- Water service for the fire suppression system and the domestic water service has been tapped at the street by the City of Dayton. The service has been extended into the building under the slab and foundation and up into the mechanical room.
- Footings for the plaza on the west end of the building have been placed and foundation walls have been formed.
- The masonry contractor has begun the fill-in of the pedestrian and loading dock doors, and construction of the masonry along the new entrance at the west end of the building.
- Cabling and devices for the security system are being installed.
- The fire suppression system has been “roughed-in”.
- Plumbing, mechanical, and electrical system design have been completed and submitted to the City of Dayton.