Through courses offered by the art department, students explore their creativity through a variety of media and gain an appreciation for the historical, cultural and personal expression in the visual arts. Many students consistently place and garner awards at local and state competitions and are encouraged by teachers to participate at this level. In addition students have opportunities to show their work locally and regionally.
- Partnership with the K-12 Gallery for expanded artistic experience.
- The art program provides experience with problem solving skills based on professional work and self evaluation.
- Students learn from external experiences, visiting places such as the Dayton Art Institute, Columbus & Cincinnati Museums of Art, and the Visual Art Center.
- Students tour local artist studios and galleries, providing a more intimate look at specific artists' work, some internationally known.
- Students consistently garner awards at local and state exhibits and competitions. Over 200 students exhibit their artwork locally and statewide each year.
- Art Club provides an opportunity to explore all levels of art with the guidance of the club moderator and peers. Open studio sessions are available for students to create pieces for projects, competitions, and personal goals.
- Art exchanges through the Global Art Peace Project have provided cultural experiences with other schools around the world.
Participation in fundraising activities for our community partners such as creating bowls for the House of Bread. Artwork is also provided for the CJ Fish Fry silent auction.