Open Daily | 3:30 - 5 p.m. | Cafeteria
About the Center
The Eagle Learning Center is open daily after school to all students. Students remaining at school after 3:30 p.m. who are not participating in another organized CJ activity will be directed to the center where they will have access to resources to assist with schoolwork and opportunities for further enrichment. All are encouraged to take advantage of this excellent opportunity as a way of receiving extra academic supports or as a safe place to be after school hours.
ELC Rules & Policies
The Eagle Learning Center (ELC) is an after school program for students to do homework, get tutoring, and to wait respectfully for rides or practices by completing classroom assignments. The goal of the ELC is to produce a relaxed yet productive work space for students.
The Eagle Learning Center is located in the school cafeteria and will utilize the library space as a back up as needed. All students should make arrangements to be picked up in Lot A/B off Washington Street.
In order to create the proper learning environment, we ask that all students respect the following ELC expectations:
- All students must sign in/out of the ELC each day.
- Students must ask and receive permission from an ELC supervisor before leaving the ELC to use the restroom, visit a locker, or look for a teacher.
- Students must respect the designated quiet study space in the cafeteria.
- As the technology policy states, Chromebooks are for educational purposes.
- Personal headphones must be used for listening to any music in the ELC.
- Students are responsible for cleaning up any trash from food and/or drinks.
- Students may not leave campus (McDonalds, gas station, etc) and return to eat in the ELC (snacks from home are ok). Once you leave campus, you should remain off campus and you may not come to the ELC that day.
- Noise level must be kept to a minimal level. The person sitting one table away should not be able to hear your conversations. Violators of this rule will be spread out in the ELC or asked to leave.
- Students may work independently or with groups as long as they are not disruptive.
- Students may not make phone calls in the ELC unless the purpose is for coordinating rides. Cell phones are allowed to be used as long as they are not a distraction to others. Please refrain from taking pictures or videos, as this creates a distraction.
- Please refrain from any other actions that can be considered a distraction to other students in the ELC.
You must be picked up in Lot A/B by 5:00pm. Penalties will apply to this rule.
If you have specific questions or concerns regarding a student's after school needs, please email or call Marcus Colvin, Acting Director of Student Services (461-3740 x226)